Welcome to Civitas / ActiveCitizen360
Active Citizen360 is the new name we've given to the circle of activities offered by Civitas in St. Louis, MO. We're Model U.N. We're Urban Go-Team. We're the Global Gateway Pulitzer Program. We're free-wheeling, Saturday-morning discussion groups, weekend issues conferences, urban scavenger hunts, and on-the-go, in-depth visits to places you never thought you'd get to see.
Want to do something meaningful in the world? Active Citizen360 offers students unique opportunities to become people who make a difference. Everything we do in Active Citizen360 is about helping you:
- get a 360-degree view of the world around you
- figure out which issues are important to you
- become informed, develop your ideas, and express your opinions
- see possibilities for active involvement
- do something about the things you care about
We're not a school program. You don't have to "join", or pay a membership fee. We don't use textbooks, and there are no quizzes. To be a part of Active Citizen360, you can select the programs that work for you, and jump in! And, best of all, almost all of our activities are free!
What's in it for you? A lot: Your ideas, interests and opinions are the fuel that drive Active Citizenship360. You'll meet other students who share your curiosity and your passion for making the world a better place. You'll get an inside view of neighborhoods, government agencies, businesses, and off-the-beaten-track places that you'd otherwise not get into.You'll make new friends from other schools and neighborhoods. And you'll interact with intriguing, engaging people whose lives and work exemplify the challenges and rewards of making a difference as an active citizen.
So what are you waiting for? Now is a great time to get started on your path to being an active citizen. We've got a lot going on right now. Check out our calendar. Join our Facebook group. Become a part of Active Citizen360.
We welcome you to the Civitas web site. If you would like to receive information on our events, please click here for a short sign-up.
- Middle school sessions are coming soon! Check out your resolutions!
- Please RSVP if you're interested in creating a Video MUN resolution on May 11. You can see a sample video resolution by clicking here.
- This week's newsletter! (with minor updates!)
- Pics from the High School Model UN
- Pics from the UN Prep Session
- Pics from the country draft
- New Video from our students!
- What is Active Citizen360?